The Shoe Design
Find out more about functional footwear
We stand behind the statement: Joe Nimble shoes are worth their price. And for a whole host of reasons:
• We use only materials that independent institutes regularly certify as being of the highest quality.
• We produce shoes with a much longer life, which makes the shoes even cheaper in the long run.
• We continuously invest in scientific research and studies, new technologies and innovative materials to keep improving your running experience.
• We focus on setting up and operating production facilities in Europe and Germany in order to avoid long transport routes and to make our contribution to sustainable production.
• We produce small quantities instead of the industry-standard mass-produced goods, which, however paradoxical it may sound, makes production more expensive.
• And last but not least: We not only promise our customers quality, but also stand behind this promise uncompromisingly with our guarantee.
This is a natural, non-toxic element which we also absorb with our food.
Unfortunately, a lot of people associate the word ‘chromium’ with toxicity or have heard about limits on chromium (VI) being exceeded. That is something completely different.
Chromium (III) salts are not considered to pose a health risk. The vast majority of people do not have any problems, despite their skin coming into close contact with shoes or clothing.
Even drinking water, for example, is allowed to contain 50 micrograms of chromium (III) per litre.
Advantages of chromium-tanned leathers:
- they are very soft
- they are twice as tear-resistant
- the leathers are lighter
- the leathers can be impregnated more easily and dyed better
- the leathers are more resistant to fading
All of the tanneries plus all of the leathers and other materials we use at BÄR comply with the relevant European standard and are personally checked by Christof Bär.
However, this is another area where we are constantly evolving. We always give preference to environmentally friendly and sustainable materials. It is worth noting, however, that vegetable production processes also use chemicals – they’re just made from natural (rather than synthetic) substances. A lot of customers also don’t know that vegetable-tanned leathers often undergo subsequent chromium tanning, meaning that these leathers are not free from chromium.
This could be caused by lint from suede. For example, nubuck leathers are sanded during the production process. This leaves some loose dust, which can have a discolouring effect.
By contrast, oiled leathers are usually treated with a coloured wax. This can be transferred, just like shoe polish.
Dark lining leathers are most prone to discolouring in when they become damp and are rubbed. In other words, sweaty feet heighten this effect.
We could simply seal the surface using chemicals, which is how most lower-quality shoes are treated. However, that also prevents moisture from being absorbed.
Our tips for preventing shoe discolouration:
- Use dark socks when you first wear the shoes.
- Rub the shoes with a damp (not wet) cloth dipped in a vinegar-water solution to remove excess dust and dye.
- Use hairspray to fix the dye.
- Apply talcum powder to your feet (and the inside of the shoes, if you like) – this reduces moisture
Footbeds designed specifically for sport:
- Performance footbed (2mm): for performance sports, it was developed in collaboration with orthopaedists and engineers and adapts to the human anatomy.
- Flexitec footbed (4mm) for uneven terrain, is the result of many years of research and development. We particularly recommend it for hiking and trail running, but it is also great if you work requires you to stand for long periods of time.
- Endurance footbed (6mm): for long distance road running (e.g. regularly covering distances of 10k and above). It is innovatively designed to support & protect the foot during long periods of stress; the 3mm thick Poron® heel padding acts as a shock absorber to prevent common running injuries from over striding.
- Comfort footbed (4mm): for everyday use and suitable for sports as well, it is finished with a moisture wicking, antibacterial material to keep the shoes fresh.
- Felt footbed (4mm) for the winter, it is covered with insulating felt to keep the feet warm in cold weather.
- Business footbed: for a smart work shoe, it is cushioned for comfort (especially if you are standing for long periods) and covered in moisture-wicking calfskin leather for a smart finish.
- Bioactive footbed (4mm): for everyday use, a good all rounder.
Delivers with in Germany take 1-3 days.
International deliveries can take up to 2 weeks, depending on the specific country.
Deliveries with in Germany cost 3.95€.
For international deliveries costs vary depending on the specific country of delivery.
Further information on shipping costs are listed here:
Simply write your credit card number, expiry date and security code in the fields provided. You can use Visa, Master Card and American Express.
PayPalAfter choosing this option, you will be redirected to the PayPal site and you can process your payment there. Afterwards, you will automatically return to the Joe Nimble website.
You transfer the purchase price immediately. A high level of security is given through entering a TAN that can be used only once.
You can find all information regarding payment options in our general terms of business.