Over 99% of running shoe brands ignore the potential of the big toe when running, WE DO NOT! With our unique innovation - the ToePilot ® (patent pending) - which is foamed into the direct-injected PU midsole, the Pilot 1 promotes a significantly better toe-off in the propulsive phase. This is especially important for runners who already suffer from 'runner's hallux', i.e. the malpositioning of the big toe caused by years of wearing conventional, toe-structure-compromising running shoes.
The elastic spring element "ToePilot®", which is not visible from the outside, optimizes the stance and push-off phase without stiffening the entire sole.
The unique combination of toefreedom®, nmblFoam® and ToePilot® enables a completely new running sensation for medium and long distances on asphalt. The fact that the midsole lasts more than three times longer than conventional foams contributes to a uniquely long-lasting, consistent running experience.
Discover the ToePilot® innovation ->
- The tunnel lacing provides optimal support over the instep without constricting the foot
- The collar padding at the heel supports the high wearing comfort
- The soft upper material fits like a second skin
- The outsole design, which is based on the principles of biomimicry of the Gekko foot, enables safe, non-slip running on asphalt
- The odorless 6mm footbed made without plasticizers (+3mm under the heel) combines EVA and alveolar for long-lasting cushioning
- "Made in Europe"
Upper material: Multidirectional, breathable textile knit (45% Polyamide, 55% Recycled Polyester)
Lining material: Textile partial lining
Sole: nmblFoam® sole (18mm) with high-energy-return PU and rubber tread, zero heel (ball and heel of the foot on one level); no toe spring; stack-height 24mm
Insole: Ultreya Footbed (6mm) combines EVA and alveolar with textile cover and 3mm heel pad
Weight: UK9->390g; UK5->330g